January 8 – February 23, 2018
Faculty Student Show
Now accepting entries from students of WWAC.
THEME: The Faculty/Student Show will showcase the work of WWAC teachers and their students. Students may submit up to 3 works of art that were created in a class at WWAC for review. There is no cost for submission. Teachers may submit up to 3 works of art for review.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall, including drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, fiber and sculpture, will be considered.
Opening Reception: Sunday, January 21, 2018, 4pm–6pm. Exhibiting Artists, including faculty and students, will work together with the WWAC Exhibition Committee to host the reception, including food donations, set-up and clean-up.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: December 4, 2017 by midnight.
1. Submission to be done through Submittable.
Please have the following information ready when submitting:
-Title of artwork(s)
-Medium (material used to create the art)
-Sale price of each work or art can be listed as NFS (Not For Sale)
-Insurance value of each work (this is usually similar to sale price)
-Images of the art ready to be uploaded
-Short artist statement: This may be a description of the process, why the artist created the art, and/or why the artist is interested in taking art classes.
2. Size of artwork: We recommend a maximum size of 30 x 30″ .
3. All works on paper MUST be framed while works on canvas are acceptable without a frame. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
• Submission Deadline: December 4, 2017 by midnight
• Email confirmation of art accepted or declined to be sent out by December 12, 2017
• Drop–off of accepted artwork January 7th, 2018 from 10am – 12pm at West Windsor Arts Center, 952 Alexander Road, West Windsor, NJ 08550.
• Opening reception: Sunday, January 21, 2018 4-6pm. Note: Exhibiting Artists and the WWAC Exhibition Committee will work together to host the reception, including set-up, food donations, and clean-up.
• Pick up of artwork: Sunday, February 25, 2018 10am – Noon