Off the Wall Holiday Market
for Handmade Items by Artisans and Crafters
Note – Deadline has been extended through September, but please don’t delay – enter your products today!
West Windsor Arts Council is seeking handmade, functional and decorative objects created by artisans. Work must be original and handcrafted by the artist. Deadline for entry: This is a rolling submission – we will review and accept entries as we get them, so please submit today. Plan your holiday season now by submitting early.
Please Note: This information is for artisan/crafter handmade items only. Wall hanging art and sculpture for Off the Wall must be entered separately.
The Holiday Market will take place in our gallery with holiday booths and lots of cheer to welcome customers. This year the focus will be on you, the Artisan: your story, what makes your process unique, the history of your craft, your practices, and any other aspect of your business that helps customers understand who you are. Promotion of the event will include emails to our list of over 5000 subscribers and local residents who support the arts, social media posts, printed mailer, individual promotion of each artisan with a link to their items in our store, and more.
There will be 5 weeks of shopping, in our gallery and online store. The schedule is:
- In-person weekends: Nov 19 & 20, Dec 3 & 4, 10 & 11, 17 & 18. (We will also consider adding January dates). Time TBA
- 24/7 in our online store: WWA online store
- WWA Private Members Only Shopping Spree: TBA
- Private appointments upon request
Artisans, to enter your work, please send an email to email@example.com. Tell us something about your work, give us your price range and attach a few pictures. If accepted, we will then set up a consultation with you to determine the best fit for your items. We know our audience well and want to work with you to maximize your sales potential.
Timeline for Holiday Market
Deadline for entry: This is a rolling deadline that will begin in July and has been extended through September. Artisans are encouraged to enter early, please don’t wait until the last minute. Once you are accepted, we will set up a meeting with you to select items for our Market and create a personal shared document for you to enter information about each piece.
Delivery date for accepted items: We will set up a date with each person individually.
- Artisans will be juried for participation by the Exhibition Committee. Categories include: apothecary, basketry, ceramics/pottery, fiber/textile, glass items, jewelry, leather goods, metal arts, non-perishable food products, paper crafts and journals, woodworking, and more.
- Items must be handcrafted by the artisan. Artisan Vendors must inform WWA if their items are sourced out to be made by a third party, or if Artisan Vendor is selling items made by another person.
- The number of items accepted from each Artisan will depend on many factors including type of product, materials used and price point. The information you provide will be used on our website and in marketing and promotion.
- Accepted pieces are to be delivered to the arts center. Each item must be individually marked with a label attached: name of business, first and last name of artist, and title/name of item. Labels on the items must match the information you provided to us.
- If all items are sold, WWA may request additional items.
- We are asking Artisans to pick 2 shifts, of 3 to 4 hours each, to cover the Market from the dates listed above. The Holiday Market will be set up much like a store and the participation by the Artisans will help with its overall success. Times of shifts to be determined and training will be provided.
- There is no up front fee to enter your items or for the initial consultation.
- Once you are accepted, there is a $50 fee.
- Selling price of the item will be split 50/50 with the Artisan and WWA.
- Artisans working 3 or more shifts will be offered a 60/40 split.
What does well in our Market:
- Household decorative items
- Women’s accessories
- Pottery and ceramics
Before you begin:
In your email to firstname.lastname@example.org please include:
- Artist info: name as it will appear on wall labels, contact information (email, phone and address), website (if applicable),
- Artist statement – Tell us something about who you are as an Artisan: what makes your process unique, the history of your craft, your sustainable practices, and any other aspect of your business that helps us and customers understand who you are.
- Title, description, materials used, dimensions, sale price,
- Title: Each item must have its own unique title, even if it is jewelry.
- Description: This is important. This is what customers will read when they are shopping for your product. Make it appealing.
- Materials used: List what you used to create this product. People have many allergies so we need to provide this information.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Kimberly at email@example.com