2021 FACULTY/STUDENT SHOW
The Faculty/Student Show will celebrate the work of WWAC teaching artists and students.
It is always exciting to see what everyone has been working on during the past year.
All our students and teachers will get at least 1 piece of art in the show.
WWAC will also recognize the achievements of all Certificate of Fine Arts (CiFA) students.
Students may submit 3 works of art that were created in a class or workshop at WWAC during the Fall, Winter, or Spring sessions of the 2020-2021 class year. There is no cost for submission. Teaching artists may submit 2 works of art.
Dates of the Exhibition: The exhibition will be posted on the WWAC website and available in the gallery beginning Friday, May 21, 2021 through July 9, 2021
Location: West Windsor Arts Center Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
Virtual Exhibition Zoom Party: Friday May 21 7:15 to 9:00pm. Exhibiting students and faculty will be encouraged to attend the virtual event to talk about their work.
Entry deadline for form: Sunday, April 25, 2021.
Drop off date for accepted art is Tuesday, May 4, 2021
MEDIUM: Any medium is acceptable, but the artwork must be original. This is an online and in the gallery exhibition.
1)Artwork needs to be an original piece that was created at the WWAC in either a Fall 2020, Winter or Spring 2021 class. WWAC Staff and Teachers will evaluate the artwork submitted.
2) This show is both online and in the gallery. You will need to fill out our form and upload a photograph of your artwork and you will need to drop selected artwork off at the Arts Center.
2) Have the following information available before you fill out the online for
-Artist’s name and, if under 18, age
-Title of Artwork
-Medium (material used to create the art)
-Sale price of each work or art can be listed as NFS (Not For Sale)
-Insurance value of each work (this is usually similar to sale price)
-Name of instructor and class (if you are not sure, Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager, can help you with this)
-Artist Statement: Tell us something about the work of art, the process of creating it, or about the teacher and the class.
-Be prepared to upload a good quality jpeg of your artwork. It must be in focus and square to the frame. If you need help photographing your art, please contact us.
3) Drop off of artwork for Youth: We will accept art that is either just matted or is in a frame. Parents should talk to Kirsten or Kimberly if there are any questions.
4) Drop off of artwork for Adults: The art must be framed with a wire across the back for hanging.
- Deadline to fill out the entry form: Sunday, April 25, 2021.
- Drop off accepted artwork: Tuesday, May 4, time TBA
- Zoom Party: Friday May 21 7:15 to 9:00pm. Note: We hope that exhibiting students and faculty will be on hand to discuss their work.
- Exhibition will be posted to our website by May 21.
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Submission of form for inclusion constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the following conditions set forth:
- The exhibit will be displayed on our website, in the gallery or at any designated Arts Center Hub in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: The selection of artwork to be included in the show is to be a collaborative effort between the student, Teaching Artist and Education Manager. Ultimately it is the decision of the Education Manager as to which works of art will be accepted. Everyone will get at least one work into the show.
- Artwork included in the show must remain on exhibit until the conclusion of the final exhibit date.
- Sale of Artwork: Work does not need to be for sale to be included, however WWAC encourages the sale of exhibited work. WWAC receives a 30% commission on all work sold, and the artist receives the balance (70%) of sale, (25%/75% for Artist Members). Please keep that in mind when pricing your artwork. WWAC is responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds for artwork and will remit payment for artwork by check to the artist within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
- Donation to encourage artists: WWAC wants to encourage all our artists, by allowing our public to make a donation in recognition of a specific work of art. 100% of the donation will go to WWAC to help support all the programs we have to offer.
- By participating in this exhibit, the artist gives WWAC permission to use the artist’s name, image, and images of accepted artwork in its publicity and marketing materials, and to photograph the artists and their work during events connected to this show.