2020 Faculty Student Show
2020 FACULTY/STUDENT SHOW
LOCATION: West Windsor Arts Center Gallery, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
Virtual Exhibition Zoom Party/Art Reception/Celebration/Affair/Shindig/Festivity: Friday, June 5, 2020 at 7:15pm
Exhibiting students and faculty will be present at the virtual event to talk about their work. During the event, WWAC will also recognize the achievements of all Certificate of Fine Arts (CiFA) students.
The exhibition will be posted on the WWAC website beginning Friday, June 5, 2020
THEME: The Faculty/Student Show will celebrate the work of WWAC teaching artists and their students. Students can submit up to 3 works of art. Students may submit 1 work of art that was created in a class or workshop at WWAC during the Fall, Winter, or Spring sessions of the 2019-2020 class year. There is no cost for submission. Teaching artists may submit 1 work as well.
MEDIUM: Any medium is acceptable, but the artwork must be original. This is an online exhibition, so all artworks must be photographed for inclusion. Please make sure the photo of your art is not blurry and save your file as a JPEG. Please use the highest quality your device has for taking photos and upload the full size image to our form. The submission form will accept images up to 10 MB.
ARTWORK submission deadline is Sunday, May 17, 2020.
1) Artwork needs to be an original piece that was created at the WWAC in either a Fall 2019, Winter or Spring 2020 class. WWAC Staff and Teachers will evaluate the artwork submitted.
2) Have the following information available before you fill out the online form
-Artist’s name and, if under 18, age
-Title of Artwork
-Medium (material used to create the art)
-Sale price of each work or art can be listed as NFS (Not For Sale)
-Insurance value of each work (this is usually similar to sale price)
-Name of instructor and class (if you are not sure, Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager, can help you with this)
-Artist Statement: Tell us something about the work of art, the process of creating it, or about the teacher and the class.
-Be prepared to upload a good quality jpeg of your artwork. It must be in focus and square to the frame. If you need help photographing your art, please contact us.
- Artwork submission deadline to fill out the submission form: Sunday, May 17, 2020
- Virtual Exhibition Zoom Party/Art Reception/Celebration/Affair/
Shindig/Festivity: Friday June 5, 2020 at 7:15pm. Note: We hope that exhibiting students and faculty will be on hand to discuss their work.
- Exhibition will be posted to our website no later than June 5, 2020.
ACCEPTED ARTWORK: Submission of form for inclusion constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) to the following conditions set forth:
- The exhibit will be displayed on our website in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: The selection of artwork to be included in the show is to be a collaborative effort between the student, Teaching Artist and Education Manager. Ultimately it is the decision of the Education Manager as to which works of art will be accepted.
- Artwork included in the show must remain on exhibit until the conclusion of the final exhibit date.
3. Sale of Artwork: Work does not need to be for sale to be included, however WWAC encourages the sale of exhibited work. WWAC receives a 30% commission on all work sold, and the artist receives the balance (70%) of sale, (25%/75% for Artist Members). Please keep that in mind when pricing your artwork. WWAC is responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds for artwork and will remit payment for artwork by check to the artist within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
- Donation to encourage artists: WWAC wants to encourage all our artists, by allowing our public to make a donation in recognition of a specific work of art. 100% of the donation will go to WWAC to help support all the programs we have to offer.
- By participating in this exhibit, the artist gives WWAC permission to use the artist’s name, image, and images of accepted artwork in its publicity and marketing materials, and to photograph the artists and their work during events connected to this show.