THEME: This year in connection with Pegasus Theatre Project’s spring production of “Bakersfield Mist” the annual Member Show theme will be Abstraction. The West Windsor Arts Center invites all members to submit abstract art work. All materials and methods of expression are welcome. Movement, gesture, improvisation and a sense of exploration should be considered.
Members in current standing may submit up to 3 works of art for review. There is no cost for submission. Artists may become a member at any time to submit work for consideration.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall, including drawing, painting, mixed media, printmaking, fiber and sculpture, will be considered.
JUROR: Carol Cruickshanks
Carol Cruickshanks brings her considerable knowledge and background in the arts to her role as the juror for this year’s WWAC Member Show: Abstraction. Carol is the Executive Director of New Hope Arts, where she has served since 2011. She has also been an educator and art historian with The College of New Jersey, and an art specialist with Rago Auctions in Lambertville, NJ. She has authored numerous publications on contemporary art and artists of the NJ/PA region and has presented lectures on Modernism, 20th Century Design, curatorial research and evaluating personal property.
Opening Reception: Sunday, March 18, 2018, 4pm–6pm.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: February 16th, 11:59pm
1. Submission to be done through Submittable.
Please have the following information ready when submitting:
-Title of artwork(s)
-Medium (material used to create the art)
-Sale price of each work or art can be listed as NFS (Not For Sale)
-Insurance value of each work (this is usually similar to sale price)
-Images of the art ready to be uploaded
-Short artist statement: This may be a description of the process, why the artist created the art, and/or why the artist is interested in taking art classes.
2. Size of artwork: We recommend a maximum size of 30 x 30″ .
3. All works should be presented in a professional manner with or without frames. All work must be properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. WWAC reserves the right to reject any work that is not ready to hang.
- Exhibit Dates: March 5–April 27th
- Submission deadline: February 16th, 11:59pm
- Art drop-off: March 4th, 10am-12pm
- Artist Reception: March 18th, 4-6pm
- Art pick up: April 29th, 10am-12pm