Make a Difference at WWAC
Join the West Windsor Arts Council in our mission of changing the world around us through the arts. By giving your time, you can help your community engage with the transformational power of the arts. Volunteering is an excellent way to get involved while building a network of passionate individuals.
WWAC relies on volunteers for many of our programs. Numerous projects and events have been carried out successfully thanks to the hard work and dedication of our volunteers.
WWAC volunteers are a diverse group with various skill sets. There are opportunities available for everyone, no special artistic talent needed. We encourage applications from those who value the arts and share our passion for educating and involving the community.
Volunteer responsibilities include:
- Assisting, planning, and carrying out various events and activities
- Working both individually and collaboratively
- Displaying problem-solving skills
- Communicating respectfully
- Representing the WWAC in a positive manner
Volunteers will build skills including:
- Customer service
- Relationship building
- Public relations
- The Special Event Crew responsibilities include helping with various on-site community events, exhibitions, and seasonal projects
- The Youth Committee for External Affairs responsibilities include working with the External Affairs Committee with fundraising and other important projects
We are looking for adult volunteers to serve on Board Committees and assist with galas and events. We are currently accepting applications for the following:
- Gallery Guides
- Exhibition Committee
- Annual Fundraising Gala Planning
- Special Project and Skills
- Photograph and Video Documenter
- Arts Center Garden Crew
- Internal Affairs Committee
- External Affairs Committee
- Governance Board
Positions vary in time commitment and responsibilities, any availability concerns can be addressed after application.
Adult volunteers will be able to take advantage of our incentive program that offers WWAC credit for the hours you serve.
Volunteering 20 hours will translate to $25 credits towards a class, going up to $100 credit for 60 hours.
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2021 and encourage you to apply if you are available.
The camp will take place over 8 weeks, beginning July 6th through August 27th.
- Must be available to volunteer for at least 2 weeks during the summer to be considered
- Must participate in training before summer camp begins
- Attending one of our information sessions in the spring is highly recommended.
Skills volunteers will gain:
- Organization and time management
- Ability to work with children
- Team player
*We will be updating the status of the summer camp as we approach the date
We could not have done it without you. Thank you to all our volunteers during the past year!
Mi Lee Ahn
Mic Diño Boekelmann
Joy Bailey Horton
Kathleen Hurley Liao
People & Stories
Shefali Shah Chong
Sai Pranav Theerthala
Sai Srujana Theerthala
The West Windsor Arts Council was established as an IRS designated 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization in 2002. The WWAC is not affiliated with any local, county, or state governmental agency. It has an independent volunteer board of trustees, and is registered as a charity with the State of New Jersey.