Jobs & Internships
The West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC), a non-profit arts organization, seeks an energetic full-time Program Manager to strategically and creatively promote its mission: To provide professional quality community arts programming in order to support, educate, inspire and promote the arts and art appreciation.
This position requires a broad set of skills in non-profit program management including education, events, customer service, volunteer, and facilities management. The Program Manager will be part of a hard-working, inspired team of arts administrators and educators and will work on a daily basis with both the non-profit’s management as well as external customers.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
Program Administration. Schedules resources, maintains calendars, administers contracts, and delivers outbound communications related to the organization’s educational, multi-disciplinary arts programs.
Event Coordination. Organizes and executes special events that publicize the organization and its programs to the community.
Marketing & Communications. Prepares and distributes marketing materials related to the organization’s programs.
Customer Service. Provides support to front desk staff, including answering general inquiries and rental support and interacting with the community on any issue related to the organization and its programs.
Volunteer Management. Recruits, trains, and manages volunteers, including tracking volunteer hours, maintaining volunteer and donor data integrity, and assisting in the creation of volunteer appreciation efforts.
Rentals & Facility Management. Offers information and tours of facilities to potential rental clients, prepares rental contracts, and arranges staffing as appropriate. Ensures staff properly maintain and care for facilities on an on-going basis.
May perform other duties as assigned. Reports to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years experience in non-profit arts program management or administration
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills including, but not limited to generating new content, proofreading and editing
- An entrepreneurial spirit who enjoys creating and supporting programs in a busy non-profit environment
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office; working knowledge of database software, graphic design software a plus
- Artistic experience in visual or performing arts preferred
- Teaching artist or classroom teaching experience preferred
- Ability to work weekends and evening hours
- Must pass a background check
- Standing, walking, climbing stairs may be required
- Some lifting (items of 30 lbs. or less) may be required
It is the policy of WWAC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons.
Pay ranges from $35,000 – 40,000 based on candidate’s experience and qualifications. Submit cover letter and resume in PDF format no later than August 15, 2017 to email@example.com with Program Manager in subject line. No phone calls, please.
Dynamic Leaders Wanted: Make a difference in the community while having fun! The West Windsor Arts Council is seeking professionals who are passionate about the arts in our community and want to make a difference by serving on a board committee. Volunteer committee members help shape the direction of the organization and there is potential for board membership. Current committees include Internal Affairs, External Affairs, and Governance. Learn more …
Interns work closely with WWAC staff and volunteers and get hands-on training in arts administration, marketing, education, and more. If you’re a local college or graduate student who can commit 5 – 15 hours per week for a minimum of 6 weeks, we’d love to hear from you. Please complete the form below to be considered for upcoming internships.