2021 Artisan Display Cabinet and Online Store
Now seeking handmade and handcrafted items to sell in our locked display cabinet in the West Windsor Arts Center lobby and in our online store.
Presenting a changing display of work by Artisans who are WWAC Members. Each session will feature varied works, all handmade. Items to include jewelry, pottery, fiber and textile, note cards, journals, and more. All items should be made of the finest quality, with care, and by expert crafts-people in their field.
SELECTIONS made by WWAC Staff
GUIDELINES FOR ARTISANS:
• All items must be handmade by the submitting artist.
• Items measuring 11w x 11h x 11d inches or smaller can be displayed in the cabinet and online store. Items larger than 11w x 11h x 11d inches can only be offered in the online store.
• For display cabinet, Artisan can provide 6 to 10 items that will fit in our display case, along with any necessary stands, etc to display the items.
• Artisans will be accepted for a 7 to 8 weeks time period or “session.” Upcoming sessions include:
January 11, 2021 to February 26, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between Jan 4 – 8, 2021)
March 23, 2021 to May 14, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between March 16 – 19, 2021)
May 18, 2021 to July 9, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between May 10 – 14, 2021)
July 13 to August 27, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between July 5 – 9, 2021)
August 31 to Oct 22, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between August 23 – 27, 2021)
October 26 to Dec 17, 2021 (drop off dates to be scheduled between October 18 – 22, 2021)
• Accepted artisans will be given a contract which will include the session information as well as all terms for the agreement.
• All accepted items will be included in the online store, but only select items will be included in the display cabinet at WWAC’s discretion.
ELIGIBILITY: Display cabinet and online store is available to WWAC Members. Members and non-members can submit work for review, however if you are accepted you must become a member for us to include your items in either the display cabinet or the online store. Work must be original and handcrafted by the Artisan, and may include jewelry, pottery/ceramics, glass, fiber and textile items, leather goods, paper crafts and journals, metal arts, basketry, and woodworking items.
SALE OF MERCHANDISE: West Windsor Arts Center will handle the sales of all items. The sales split for all items is 70% to Artisan and 30% to WWAC (Artist Level Members will receive the preferred split of 75%/25%). Artisans will be responsible for paying sales tax for their merchandise, if applicable. It is the Artisan’s responsibility to obtain any licenses or permits necessary by state and local laws for the sale of handmade items and food to the public. Note: The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.
Click the link to submit your work for jury review for the Artisan Display Cabinet and our online store.