Jobs & Internships
Posted July 15, 2022
The Programs Assistant works closely with all departments and reports to the Operations Director. This staff member interacts regularly with the visiting public. This is a part-time position with work hours taking place on evenings and weekends. Number of hours per week expected to be 25 and starting at $20,000 annually. Responsibilities of the Programs Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Customer Service: Provide welcoming and responsive service by interacting directly with customers and vendors, responding to phone calls and emails
- Customer Data: Keeping constituent data clean and updated in CRM
- Registrations: Process and track registrations, answer questions, check-in students
- Communications: Support ongoing communications with donors, members, and event registrants
- Data maintenance and reporting: Keep data updated, clean, and make reports as needed
- Retail Sales: Be knowledgeable and assist with the sales of works in current exhibitions
- Parties and Rentals: Assist with the coordination and running of art parties (all ages) and rentals of the space
- Special Events: Assist with the coordination and running of special events for the community
- Daily opening and/or closing of the facility
- Day-to-day oversight of the facility including: Materials and supplies inventory, cleaning, restocking of supplies, trash removal, recycling
- Help identify volunteer projects, opportunities
- Train new volunteers
- Oversee volunteer activities in the facility
Other Duties as Assigned
- Special projects
The ideal candidate will possess the following characteristics:
- Strong ability in learning and using computer-based programs, including Google Suite
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with excellent communication skills
- An outgoing and positive demeanor
- Reliable team player, self-motivated, organized
- Knowledge and experience in the visual arts
- Retail sales experience, including cash handling
West Windsor Arts is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. West Windsor Arts is committed to the highest standards that help us hire great people, present great programs and attract loyal customers. Our goal is to provide a welcoming environment for people of all ages and backgrounds and we are dedicated to building an equitable and culturally diverse environment. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the arts field are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications accepted until position is filled.
This position requires skills in arts marketing, writing, social-media tools and trends, and an enthusiasm for WWAC and its mission. The Marketing Intern will work closely with all departments.
Intern will gain and/or improve upon:
- General communication skills and professionalism
- Understanding of the inner workings of a lively nonprofit organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the implementation of a marketing plan
- Building of design portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with staff to plan, execute, and achieve goals for visibility of organization through marketing initiatives including:
- Design and print postcards, ads, and other graphic material to promote classes, camps, and events
- Update the website (WordPress)
- Build email newsletters (Constant Contact)
- Add events to community calendars
- Maintain and build WWAC’s presence on key social media platforms
- Write copy for press, social media, and print materials
- Help distribute marketing materials in the community
- Create a marketing scrapbook
- Interest in arts marketing
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- WWAC will work with the intern to set a schedule that fits with their coursework and meets the requirements of their internship.
- Preferred start time of January for spring internships.
- Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Intern in the subject line.
West Windsor Arts Council is continually seeking energetic teaching artists who are accomplished in their field and passionate about the arts and learning for all ages. We offer classes and workshops for children, teens, and adults in a variety of arts disciplines. We are currently looking for new acting teachers (intro to acting, improv, live action role playing, etc.) and studio arts teachers (skills in drawing, painting, and sculpting).
Please see the volunteer page for more opportunities to get involved.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
It is the policy of WWAC to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, WWAC will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.