Jobs & Internships
Marketing Intern for the West Windsor Arts Council Position Description:
The West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) is a growing non-profit arts organization that is expanding its programs and refining its public image. Our goal is to carry out marketing plans to reflect our high quality programs and reach a wider audience.
This position requires skills in arts marketing, writing, social-media tools and trends, and an enthusiasm for WWAC and its mission. The Marketing Intern will work closely with all departments.
Intern will gain and/or improve upon:
- General communication skills and professionalism
- Understanding of the inner workings of a lively nonprofit organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the implementation of a marketing plan
- Building of design portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with staff to plan, execute, and achieve goals for visibility of organization through marketing initiatives including:
- Design and print postcards, ads, and other graphic material to promote classes, camps, and events
- Update the website (WordPress)
- Build email newsletters (Constant Contact)
- Add events to community calendars
- Maintain and build WWAC’s presence on key social media platforms
- Write copy for press, social media, and print materials
- Help distribute marketing materials in the community
- Create a marketing scrapbook
- Interest in arts marketing
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- WWAC will work with the intern to set a schedule that fits with their coursework and meets the requirements of their internship.
- Preferred start time of August for fall internships.
- Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Intern in the subject line.
Please see the volunteer page for more opportunities to get involved.