Jobs & Internships
West Windsor Arts Council is continually seeking energetic teaching artists who are accomplished in their field and passionate about the arts and learning for all ages. We offer classes and workshops for children, teens, and adults in a variety of arts disciplines.
The West Windsor Arts Council (WWAC) is a growing non-profit arts organization that is expanding its programs and refining its public image. Our goal is to carry out marketing plans to reflect our high quality programs and reach a wider audience. This position requires skills in arts marketing, writing, social-media tools and trends, and an enthusiasm for WWAC and its mission. The Marketing Intern will work closely with all departments.
Intern will gain and/or improve upon:
- General communication skills and professionalism
- Understanding of the inner workings of a lively nonprofit organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of the implementation of a marketing plan
- Building of design portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with staff to plan, execute, and achieve goals for visibility of organization through marketing initiatives including:
- Design and print postcards, ads, and other graphic material to promote classes, camps, and events
- Update the website (WordPress)
- Build email newsletters (Constant Contact)
- Add events to community calendars
- Maintain and build WWAC’s presence on key social media platforms
- Write copy for press, social media, and print materials
- Help distribute marketing materials in the community
- Create a marketing scrapbook
- Interest in arts marketing
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, social media
- College coursework or comparable work experience preferred
- Work well independently and in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- WWAC will work with the intern to set a schedule that fits with their coursework and meets the requirements of their internship.
- Preferred start time of January for spring internships.
- Please a send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Marketing Intern in the subject line.
Please see the volunteer page for more opportunities to get involved.