Summer Arts Camps
June 27 – September 2, 2022
10 weeks of summer fun!
Fall Arts Camp
November 10th & 11th, 2022
Join us for fall fun!
Spring Break Camp
Friday, April 15; Monday, April 18 – Friday, April 22
Draw, paint, sculpt and more!
ARTS SUMMER CAMP 2022
Summer camps may look a little different this year to keep your child safe but our camps will be just as fun and art-filled as ever! Limited spots will be available as we follow all CDC guidelines and recommendations to ensure your child and our community are kept safe. Summer camp registration opens on January 19th, 2022.
FOR GENERAL CAMP QUESTIONS, call 609.716.1931 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
QUICK FACTS ABOUT OUR 2022 SUMMER CAMP:
- Full-day camps available June 27 – September 2
- Full-day camp hours are from 9 am – 5 pm
- 1-week, full-day camps are only available between June 27 – September 2
- We do not offer half-day or single day camps at this time
- Some camps require a 2-week registration to participate: Fashion Design Camp (July 11 – 22), Acting Camp (August 1 – 12), and Musical Theater (August 15 – 26)
- Our summer camps are for campers ages 6-14
SUMMER CAMP HEALTH & SAFETY FEATURES:
- Each camp will be held in separate locations in the facility to allow for social distancing. Performing arts camps will be in the gallery room and visual arts camps will be in the studio room. Only a maximum of 16 campers will be allowed in the performing arts camps and 14 campers maximum will be allowed in the visual arts camps.
- Temperature checks will be conducted before the camper enters the building and during camp.
- At this time, mask wearing will be optional.
- Performing arts campers will be kept socially distanced from each other during camp.
- When possible, snack and lunchtime will be conducted outdoors.
- Each room features approved HEPA air filtration systems.
- Frequent wipe down of surfaces and supplies.
- WWAC staff and teaching artists are fully vaccinated.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL CAMP DAY LOOK LIKE?
08:45 am – 09:15 am: Camper drop off
09:15 am – 10:45 am: Art activities
10:45 am – 11:00 am: Snack-time
11:00 am – 12:30 pm: Art activities
12:15 pm – 12:45 pm: Outdoor lunch-time
12:45 pm – 01:30 pm: Outdoor recess
01:30 pm – 03:00 pm: Art activities
03:00 pm – 03:15 pm: Snack-time
03:15 pm – 04:45 pm: Light activities and games
04:45 pm – 05:15 pm: Camper pick-up
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to contact Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager at email@example.com to discuss concerns and accommodations of your child as early as possible.
PARENT/CAREGIVER COVID-19 RESPONSIBILITY
Please review the safety procedures with your children before the start of their camp session. We require you to monitor your child’s health and ask you to notify Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager by phone at 609-716-1931 immediately if your child shows any indication of illness. For the health and safety of all, parents are requested to keep the child at home if they show any signs of illness. A child displaying symptoms of illness during the day will be separated from other campers and the parent/caregiver must pick up the child as soon as possible for the safety of others. In the event a parent/caregiver in the family has been exposed to a person with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 infection or its variants or has tested positive with COVID-19 antibodies, this parent/caregiver has the responsibility to a) not send the child to camp, and b) notify WWAC of the situation so appropriate measures can be taken for the safety of others.
CAMP REFUND POLICY
Policy subject to change without advance notice
Cancellations arising due to an Act of God will be credited to a similar future event.
Camp fees may be refunded, as noted below, less the non-refundable registration fee of $100 per 2-week camp and $50 per 1-week camp. Written notification must be sent to Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager at Kirsten@westwindsorarts.org
Full Refund: Camp fees are fully refundable (less the non-refundable registration fee) with written notification received by Friday, April 29, 2022.
Partial Refund: 75% of camp fees (less non-refundable registrations fee April 30 -June 13, 2022)
No Refund: issued if a child is sent home from camp due to behavioral issues or if a camper decides not to attend the program or leaves early for any reason.
Refunds requested after June 13, 2022 OR if the camp is not a good fit for your child:
The WWAC will offer a partial credit, (less nonrefundable registration fee) to be used for an alternate camp. Credits for camps fees can be used towards camp registrations until the final week of camp, August 29 – September 2, 2022. Parents are encouraged to work with Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager.
Medical Refund: A camper is eligible for a full refund (less non-refundable registration fee) if he/she is unable to attend camp due to medical reasons. A note from the physician must accompany the written request. If the camper attends any portion of the camp, the amount of the refund for the remaining days will be calculated based on camp fee paid minus prorated for days attended and the non-refundable $100 registration fee.
The West Windsor Arts Council strives to make the arts accessible for all people with different abilities and needs. WWAC is fully committed to ensuring that accessibility guidelines and requirements as set forth by the federal government and state of New Jersey are implemented. WWAC encourages families to discuss with us their needs so we can make a plan to accommodate them. Upon request, and with 2 weeks notice, specific accommodations will be made subject to our available resources. Even if your child has not been formally diagnosed, please let us know how we can best help him/her feel comfortable and be successful at our camp.