Spring Break Camp Online
March 29 – April 2
Draw, paint, sculpt and more!
Summer Arts Camps In-Person
July 6 – August 27
Let’s create some fun!
Fall Arts Camp Online
November 5th & 6th
Join us for fall fun!
Arts Summer Camp 2021 – We are back in-person!
Summer camps may look a little different this year to keep your child safe but our camps will be just as fun and art-filled as ever! Limited spots will be available as we follow all CDC guidelines and recommendations to ensure your child and our community are kept safe. Summer camp registration opens on February 10th, 2021.
FOR GENERAL CAMP QUESTIONS, call 609.716.1931 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT MAKES WWAC SUMMER CAMPS SO FUN?
- Multiple forms of art to choose from, such as Filmmaking, Studio Arts, Fashion Design, Theater and Musical Theater
- Different themes each week to inspire our projects, activities, and performances
- Professional teaching artists who provide plenty of one-on-one attention
- A warm, welcoming environment created by our staff, teaching artists, and counselors to encourage play, experimentation, and creativity
- A balance of indoor and outdoor time
QUICK FACTS ABOUT OUR 2021 SUMMER CAMP:
- Full-day camps available July 6 – August 27
- Full-day camp hours from 9 am – 5 pm
- 2-week, full-day camps are only available between July 6 – August 27. We do not offer half-day, single day, or single week camps during these dates
- Multiple camp week registration discounts are available through June 15 ($25 off each 2-week camp)
- Our summer camps are for campers ages 6-14
SUMMER CAMP HEALTH & SAFETY FEATURES:
- Only two camps with a maximum of 12 per camp will be held in the facility. Each camp will be held in separate locations in the facility and socially distant from the other. A rotation schedule will minimize interaction between the two camps for health and safety.
- Temperature checks will be conducted before the camper enters the building and during camp.
- A maximum of 12 campers will be permitted each session of two weeks accompanied by the same teaching artist, assistant, and WWAC staff to give a pod-like feel.
- No adults other than teaching artists, teaching assistants, and WWAC staff will be permitted inside the camp.
- All campers will be provided reusable face shields and disposable masks. Visual arts campers will receive individual supplies kits. Professional Teaching Artists and staff will be required to wear face masks and face shields at all times.
- Individual sneeze guards 3-way protection barriers will be provided to seated campers (visual arts camp). Performing arts campers will be kept socially distanced from each other during camp. Campers will be required to wear masks and shields at all times.
- When possible, snack and lunchtime will be conducted outdoors.
- Indoor facilities feature approved HEPA air filtration systems.
- Frequent wipe down of surfaces.
Parents/Guardians are encouraged to contact Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager at email@example.com to discuss concerns and accommodations of your child as early as possible.
CAMP WEEK OFFERINGS
Once Upon a Time
Explore your favorite books and classical tales to create some beautiful and amazing memories. From our favorite characters in the Harry Potter series to whimsical backdrops of Dr. Suess stories, there will be lots of content to draw inspiration from.
July 6-9 & July 12-16
Studio Arts Ages 6+
Theater Ages 8+
Discover new, fantastical worlds in land, air, and sea! Whether it be beautiful fairies in the sky, troublesome trolls in the forest, or underwater castles in the ocean, we are sure to find something magical to explore!
July 19-23 & July 26-30
Studio Arts Ages 6+
Filmmaking Ages 8+
At the Movies
Aaaaand action! Grab some popcorn as we explore our favorite movies through art projects and musical theater performances! Run through the jungle in an action packed film or become a sketching master in an animation classic. That’s a wrap!
August 2-6 & August 9-13
Musical Theater Ages 6+
Fashion Design Ages 8+
Around the World
Find out how many continents we can travel to in our trip around the globe! Will we meet penguins in Antarctica or go on a wild safari in Africa? The world can take us on lots of exciting adventures!
August 16-20 & August 23-27
Musical Theater Ages 6+
Studio Arts Ages 8+
PARENT/CAREGIVER COVID-19 RESPONSIBILITY
Please review the safety procedures with your children before the start of their camp session. We require you to monitor your child’s health and ask you to notify Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager by phone at 609-716-1931 immediately if your child shows any indication of illness. For the health and safety of all, parents are requested to keep the child at home if they show any signs of illness. A child displaying symptoms of illness during the day will be separated from other campers and the parent/caregiver must pick up the child as soon as possible for the safety of others. In the event a parent/caregiver in the family has been exposed to a person with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19 infection or has tested positive with COVID-19 antibodies, this parent/caregiver has the responsibility to a) not send the child to camp, and b) notify WWAC of the situation so appropriate measures can be taken for the safety of others.
CAMP REFUND POLICY
Policy subject to change without advance notice
Cancellations arising due to an Act of God will be credited to a similar future event.
Camp fees may be refunded, as noted below, less the non-refundable registration fee of $100 per camp. Written notification must be sent to Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager at Kirsten@westwindsorarts.org
Full Refund: Camp fees are fully refundable (less the non-refundable registration fee) with written notification received by Friday, May 14, 2021.
Partial Refund: 75% of camp fees (less non May 15 -June 15, 2021)
No Refund: issued if a child is sent home from camp due to behavioral issues or if a camper decides not to attend the program or leaves early for any reason.
Refunds requested after June 30, 2021 OR if the camp is not a good fit for your child:
The WWAC will offer a partial credit, (less nonrefundable registration fee) to be used for an alternate camp. Credits for camps expire August 31, 2021. Parents are encouraged to work with Kirsten Sanford, Education Manager.
Medical Refund: A camper is eligible for a full refund (less non-refundable registration fee) if he/she is unable to attend camp due to medical reasons. A note from the physician must accompany the written request. If the camper attends any portion of the camp, the amount of the refund for the remaining days will be calculated based on camp fee paid minus prorated for days attended and the non-refundable $100 registration fee.
The West Windsor Arts Council strives to make the arts accessible for all people with different abilities and needs. WWAC is fully committed to ensuring that accessibility guidelines and requirements as set forth by the federal government and state of New Jersey are implemented. WWAC encourages families to discuss with us their needs so we can make a plan to accommodate them. Upon request, and with 2 weeks notice, specific accommodations will be made subject to our available resources. Even if your child has not been formally diagnosed, please let us know how we can best help him/her feel comfortable and be successful at our camp.