*NEW THIS YEAR! NURSE ON STAFF FOR SUMMER CAMPS!*
FOR GENERAL CAMP QUESTIONS, call 609.716.1931, Mon-Fri, 10-6 p.m. or email us at email@example.com
EXTENDED-DAY: (7:30am-6pm) available only for full-day camps
Spring break, full-day summer camps, and fall camps are held at the West Windsor Arts Center in the Historic Princeton Junction Firehouse, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550
TYPICAL CAMP DAY [FULL-DAY]
9:00-9:10 Welcome & morning meeting
10:20-11:20 Snack and Playground
Please note that the schedule changes day to day based on the specific camp and the nature of the day. For instance, environmental art may spend more time in morning class on a nice day before it gets hot or we may stay inside and play during snack if it’s rainy. If you have specific questions about a specific camp’s schedule, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
FEES & DISCOUNTS*
[Only Household Members in current standing and higher get 10% off camp prices. See below]
Spring Break Camp fees:
FULL-DAY CAMPS [9am-3pm] Non-member weekly camp: $375
Member weekly camp: $337.50
Non-member Two-Week camp: $750
Member Two-Week camp: $675
Sumer Camp fees:
FULL-DAY CAMPS [9am-3pm] Non-member weekly camp: $400
Member weekly camp: $360
Non-member Two-Week camp: $800
Member Two-Week camp: $720
NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT*: All prices include a $50 non-refundable deposit per camp.
Extended-Day Options & Fees: Membership Discount Does Not Apply.
Morning extended-day: 7:30am-9:00am, $50 per week | $10 per day
Afternoon extended-day: 3:00pm-6:00pm, $75 per week | $15 per day
Morning & extended-day: 7:30am-9:00am & 3:00pm-6:00pm, $125 per week | $25 per day
Household members and higher in current standing only are eligible for member-discounted prices. Household members take 10% off full day and morning camps. To renew or to join, please click here.
Early-Bird Registration & Deadline
The West Windsor Arts Council offers an additional 10% discount on all summer camp registrations made during the early bird period. Details are posted in January. To qualify, all camp payments need to be received by the end of the early-bird period.
*CAMP REFUND POLICY
Full refund: Camp fees (less non-refundable registration fee of $50 per camp) are fully refundable (minus $50 registration fee) when written notification is received at least eight weeks before the first day of camp. A camper is also eligible for a full refund (less registration fee) if he/she is unable to attend camp due to medical reasons. A note from the physician must accompany the written request. If the camper attends any portion of the camp, the amount of the refund for the remaining days will be calculated based on the portion of camp attended plus the $50 registration fee.
Partial refund:75% of camp fees (less $50 non-refundable registration fee) will be refunded when written notification is received between four and eight weeks before the first day of camp.
No refund will be issued less than four weeks before the first day of camp or when camp is in session, if a child is sent home from camp due to behavioral issues, or if a camper decides not to attend the program or leaves early for any reason.
The West Windsor Arts Council makes every effort to include children with special needs in each of our camps. However, we must know the extent of the child’s needs as far in advance as possible so that we can make sure that we have the proper staff in place to support the child. In addition, parents must be willing to work with us to plan how to best accommodate the needs of their child. Even if your child has not been formally diagnosed, please let us know how we can best help him/her feel comfortable and be successful at our camp. Hiding special needs and unanticipated changes to medication can lead to problems for staff and the children, and can be grounds for dismissal from camp.
THINGS YOU SHOULD ALSO KNOW
WE ARE A NUT-FREE FACILITY DURING CAMP: Please do not pack snacks and lunches that contain nuts or nut butters. Sunbutters (made from sunflower seeds) are an alternative.
DROP-OFF AND PICKUP PROCEDURES: Due to limited on-site parking at the West Windsor Arts Center, all campers will be dropped off and picked up as follows. Parents are requested to be mindful of other campers when entering and exiting the parking lot:
• Enter from the Alexander Road entrance and drive up to the rear of the building. Children will exit on passenger side only.
• Exit onto Scott Avenue after drop-off.
• Drop off time: 8:45-8:55 a.m.
• Pick up time: 3:00-3:10 p.m.
• Late fee: $20 per occurrence
DRESS AND SUPPLIES:
• Apply sunscreen and/or bug spray before dropping off child at camp
• Campers must wear only closed-toed shoes
• Pack extra bug spray, sunscreen and a hat (clearly marked with child’s name)
• Snacks and beverages: The arts center will provide snacks such as crackers and cheese, yogurt and fruit, hummus and carrots for campers. If your child has severe allergies, you may want to pack your own snack. Please talk to staff about any concerns.
• Lunch – choice of turkey, cheese or tuna sandwiches, chips, water and fruit- can be ordered for $25 per week on the first day of the camp week.
• If you are packing your child’s lunch, snacks and beverage, please send them in insulated containers. There is no on-site refrigeration. No nuts or nut butters, please.
CODE OF CONDUCT: The West Windsor Arts Council will strive to create a warm, inviting, safe and fun environment for your child. Behavior that represents physical danger to the child or others, or behavior that interferes with other campers and staff is considered “disruptive behavior.”
Disruptive behavior that is unacceptable includes, but is not limited to:
• Abusive and or bullying behavior towards other children; bothering other children repeatedly even when asked to stop by staff
• Abnormal, erratic behavior that hinders camp activities
• Continued or frequent behavior that hinders activities
• Pushing, hitting, fighting, biting
• Throwing objects
• Prolonged crying or temper tantrums
• Dangerous use of toys and objects; dangerous and/or behavior deemed risky.
West Windsor Arts Council reserves the right to determine how to address a situation involving a disruptive camper. Depending upon the severity of the situation, consequences of disruptive behavior could include, but not be limited to, a discussion with the camper and/or parent regarding the disruptive conduct; a warning to cease the disruptive behavior; moving the camper to an alternative class group; exclusion from a camp activity and/or dismissal from the camp.