Call to Artists for our 2024 Member Show:
Leave Your Mark
Announcing our Call to Artists for our 2024 Member Show, Leave Your Mark. As artists, we all have the desire to leave our mark on the world by sharing our artwork. With that said, all artwork is built up through many different techniques of mark-making and each artist has their own version of it. It could be the brush strokes we see in a landscape painting, the pencil marks of an initial sketch, the fingerprints in the clay of a sculpture or the repetitive pattern of weaving fiber. It’s inspiring to see the artist hand in their artwork. Juror and Artist in Residence, Fiona Clark, would love to see a collection of “marks,” in a wide range of interpretations from expressive to subtle.
Best in Show: $100
Exhibition Committee Choice: Artist Membership for 1 year ($50 value)
Relevance to Theme: $50
Best Use of Medium: $50 gift card to Jerry’s Artarama
Entry deadline: February 27, 2024
Drop off of accepted art: week of April 1 to April 6, 2024
Show dates: April 9 to June 1, 2024
Opening reception: April 12, 2024 from 7 – 8:30pm
Juror: Fiona Clark
Fiona Clark is a New Jersey based artist who specializes in bright, bold, colorful abstracts that spark joy. Whether that is through ceramics, paintings or public art. Fiona began her signature style of drawings in 2001, as a way to accompany lettering she was exploring at the time. Over the years, she has developed lines, colors and forms as a means to express herself and interpret the world around her. She graduated cum laude in 2007 from the University of Hartford Art School with a BFA concentration in Visual Communication Design, minors in Photography and Art History. She moved to New York City post graduation to pursue a career in graphic design and worked as a digital art director in the fashion industry for 10 years before deciding to pursue art full-time. Fiona moved back to New Jersey in 2020 and now creates out of her home studio.
- Open to all current members (at any level) of West Windsor Arts over 18 years of age. Not a member? Join today!
- Art must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclée or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless the original is a photograph/print. Example: giclée of watercolor will not be accepted.
- Art to be considered include paintings, drawings, sculpture, digital media, videos and music compositions, mixed media, photography or print making. West Windsor Arts will work with the accepted artists to accommodate the mediums submitted.
Details and Art Specifications
- Submission Fees: All submitting artists must be current members of West Windsor Arts. Membership Fees: Artist: $50; Individual (18+): $40; Senior (65+): $25; Household: $75; Supporter: $100. Join today!
- A maximum of 3 works may be submitted.
- Art will be displayed at West Windsor Arts in the gallery, lobby, and online.
- There is no size limitation for art, however, size will be taken into consideration by the juror.
- All artworks entered MUST include finished edges or be framed. Alternative presentations that are part of the artwork will be accepted however we must be able to hang or display the art. Typically all work must be wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted. All pieces should be labeled with the artist’s name and the title of the artwork.
- For videos and other digital media, we will need a version that can be downloaded.
Entry of artwork and application for jury review constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council to the conditions set forth:
- Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at West Windsor Arts and for the duration of the show.
- The juror and West Windsor Arts reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer at West Windsor Arts in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. Note: depending on size and space restrictions, not all work selected may be hung. Artists will be notified immediately following final installation of the exhibit if a selected work is not included or if any work submitted is not properly framed for hanging.
- Work not matching the digital images submitted will not be accepted.
- All artwork must remain in the show for the duration of the show.
- There will be set dates and times for drop off and pick up of accepted artwork. If you are shipping your art, prior arrangements must be made. Artwork must be sent with prepaid return postage and insurance coverage.
Sale of Art
- West Windsor Arts will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of art.
- West Windsor Arts will retain 30% of the retail price as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale. Artist Level Members receive a preferred split on gallery sales (75/25).
- Payment for sold work will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
Note: West Windsor Arts retains the right to use the artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.
Enter your art: Leave Your Mark Member Show
*Rules and Eligibility for Prizes:
Participants are eligible for 1 award per year
Current Exhibition Committee members are not eligible for the Exhibition Committee Award