Call to Artists for our 2024 GR8 Works Show
CALLING ALL LOCAL ARTISTS
We invite you to be a part of “GR8 Works” by creating an original 8×8 inch artwork to raise funds to support a diverse and accessible art program with a focus on community. The GR8 works can be made by artists of all ages.
HOW IT WORKS
We will provide each artist with one 8×8” blank canvas, while supplies last, or you can use your own. Create an original artwork that fires your imagination and creativity and showcases your style. Your artwork will be hung in our gallery from March 5 to April 6, 2024 and will be offered for sale at $88 each. You can choose to split that with West Windsor Arts (50/50), or donate all of the proceeds to our cause. West Windsor Arts Council is a 501(c)(3) organization. EIN# 03-0494648
TIMELINE for GR8 Works 2024
Canvases available for pickup while supplies last
Pick-up of 8×8” canvas at West Windsor Arts, while supplies last.
Each person may pick up 1 canvas and must provide their name and email for participation. For those providing their own canvas or panel board, please send us an email so we know you will be participating and remember that the finished piece must be no larger than 8×8”.
Monday February 26 – Friday March 1, 2024
GR8 Works drop-off at West Windsor Arts.
Use this FORM to upload an image of artwork, provide information about your art, and an artist statement, etc.
Tuesday March 5, 2024
Art sales begin online and in-person.
Friday March 8, 2024 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.
The “GR8 Works” reception will be held on Friday March 8, 2024 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at West Windsor Arts.
Join us for this festive evening with the artists and enjoy some refreshments too, all in support of the arts.
Saturday April 6 at 5 p.m.
Art sales end.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
Entry of artwork constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council to these conditions set forth:
- Open to artists of all ages. Artwork must be original and created by the Artist who submits it for the show. Google form must be completed and submitted in order to be included. Work not matching the digital images submitted will not be accepted.
- Each Artist may submit one (1) work of art in an 8×8” format for this show. They may use a canvas provided by West Windsor Arts, or their own substrate, as long as it has finished edges and is properly prepared at the back for hanging on the wall. No free-standing sculptures will be accepted.
- West Windsor Arts reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer at West Windsor Arts in a way that best showcases all the Artists and art to be exhibited. Note: depending on space restrictions, not all work submitted may be hung. Artists will be notified immediately following final installation of the exhibit if a work is not included, or if any work submitted is not properly framed for hanging.
- Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of the drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at West Windsor Arts or Whole World Arts and for the duration of the show.
- All artwork must remain in the show for the duration of the show. If the work is not sold, it will be returned to the Artist.
- There will be set dates and times for drop off and pick up of accepted artwork. Please do your best to adhere to these guidelines. There will be no shipping option.
SALE OF ARTWORK
- West Windsor Arts will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of art.
- All artworks will be offered for sale at $88 each. West Windsor Arts will retain either 50% of the retail price ($44) and pay the balance of 50% ($44) to the Artist, or the Artist may elect to donate 100% ($88) of the sale to West Windsor Arts, a 501(c)3 nonprofit. Payment for sold work will be made by check within 21 business days of close of the exhibit.
Note: West Windsor Arts retains the right to use the artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.