Off the Wall 2019: An Affordable Art Exhibit from November 4 to December 20, 2019
ABOUT OFF THE WALL: Off the Wall will showcase juried artwork in a variety of themes and media offered at prices from $50 to $450. WWAC will be looking for art that will appeal to a broad audience, drawing in WWAC Members as well as the community of the Greater Princeton area during the holiday season. Artwork may be literally taken off the wall at the time of purchase.
MEDIUM: All works that can be hung on the wall, including drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, printmaking or fiber will be considered. Artwork must be in original form for the medium being submitted. Giclee or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless original is a photograph/print. Example: giclee of watercolor will not be accepted.
JURY: All artwork will be juried by WWAC OTW & Artisan Market Committee.
ELIGIBILITY: Open to all artists. All art entered must be original and new to WWAC, and offered for sale at prices between $50 and $450. Work submitted for previous exhibitions at WWAC will NOT be accepted. Art must be properly wired across the back to be accepted for jury review.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- Preregister art: Sept 3 – Nov 2, 2019
- Drop off artwork: Wednesday Oct 30 from 1pm – 7pm; Friday Nov 1 from 1pm – 7pm; Saturday Nov 2 from 10am – 3pm.
- Accepted/declined entries will be sent an email: Monday, Nov 4 or Tuesday, Nov 5
- Pick up of declined artwork: Monday, Nov 4 – Friday, Nov 8, during office hours.
- Dates of Show: Tuesday, Nov 5 – Friday, Dec 20, 2019
- Opening reception and Artisan Market: Saturday, Nov 16 from 10am – 5pm, and Sunday, Nov 17 from 11am – 5pm.
- Show Closing Event: Friday, Dec 20 from 4pm – 6pm
- Pick up artwork not sold: Friday, Dec 20 after the party. (Please note: the West Windsor Arts Center will be closed from December 21 – January 1, opening on January 2.)
MORE INFORMATION IN DETAIL:
ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS: Applicants are asked to pre-register their art (no image upload is necessary) and then Artwork must be submitted in person. Applicants deliver up to three pieces of artwork to the West Windsor Arts Center for jury review. Please attach to back of your work: Artist name, title of work, medium, dimensions and sale price. WWAC will be accepting submissions on the following dates/times: Wednesday, Oct 30 and Friday, Nov 1, from 1 pm – 7 pm Saturday, Nov 2, from 10 am – 3 pm. Please bring your art to the West Windsor Arts Center, 952 Alexander Road, Princeton Junction, NJ 08550.
- Applicants have the option to pre-register their art through our website, from September 3 to November 2, 2019. To preregister, please have ready: artwork title, medium, size, price and insurance value. No images need to be uploaded. Artists need to bring in the art for jury review and pay the submission fee in person at WWAC. By pre-registering we hope to make your submission process faster and easier.
- The maximum size for 2-D wall art, including frame is: 24” x 24”. Jurors will judge larger works on a case by case basis.
- All works entered MUST be framed and properly wired across the back with picture hanging wire. Wrapped, painted canvas is permissible. Wire must be approximately 1/3 from top of frame. Saw-tooth hooks, ribbon, etc. will NOT be accepted.
PLEASE NOTE: ONLY SUBMISSIONS MEETING THESE SPECIFICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED!
SUBMISSION FEES: $7.00 fee for each piece of artwork or you may submit three pieces of art for $20.00. Fees must be paid at the time of submission.
ARTIST NOTIFICATION: Emails will be sent out on Monday or Tuesday, November 4 or 5, 2019. Art not accepted will need to be picked up Monday – Friday, Nov 4 – 8, 10am – 6pm.
SALE OF ARTWORK: WWAC will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of Wall Art. WWAC will retain 30% of the retail price of Wall Art as commission and pay the balance of 70% of sale. · Payment for Wall Art will be made by check within 21 business days of the close of the exhibit. The West Windsor Arts Council retains the right to use artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork.
- The jury reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion. The exhibit will be hung in the gallery and foyer in a way that best showcases all the artists and art to be exhibited. 2. No accepted artwork shall be returned after the installation nor before the final exhibit date.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, artwork not picked up on the pick-up dates will become the property of WWAC and, due to lack of storage space, may be disposed of after 7 days
- Artist agrees that WWAC may use their artwork for off-site marketing and sales.