Open Call to Artists
Our Hearts Beat for You
Deadline extended: We will accept art throughout the show.
Artists are invited to participate: We invite artists to donate art for our special pop-up gallery during Off the Wall Holiday Market. All proceeds raised will benefit cardiac services and programs at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) Hamilton.
West Windsor Arts is teaming up with RWJ for a special project focusing on Arts and Health. We are asking artists to explore the theme: “Whoever your heart beats for, our hearts beat for you.” Works donated must be 11×14 or smaller and produced on paper or unstretched canvas. Works need to be packaged in a cellophane sleeve with a backing board. I’m
About this fundraising project: New this year is a special focus on supporting November as Arts and Health month. Shoppers can encourage healthy hearts with purchases from a special pop-up section of donated artwork.
In support of Arts and Health month, you can support healthy hearts as you shop a special pop-up section of our gallery. Funds raised will support cardiac services and programs at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital (RWJUH) Hamilton, an RWJBarnabas Health facility. Selected artists are invited to donate work for this special fundraising project.
By supporting this pop-up gallery, the community can invest in its health and well-being.
This project is a continuation of West Windsor Arts’ relationship with RWJUH Hamilton. In the past, West Windsor Arts has collaborated on projects such as Art Kits for Cause and providing musicians to perform in the Cancer Center at RWJUH Hamilton as part of its Holistic Program.
– We are only accepting the first 50 entries for this special pop-up gallery. Use this form to enter your artwork. Once we have 50 entries, we will not accept any more. Create your art and fill out the form today!
– We will accept art throughout the Off the Wall Holiday Market
– Pop-up gallery dates during Off the Wall Holiday Market, Nov 19 to Dec 23, 2023
ELIGIBILITY and ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS
- Open to all artists 18 years of age and older.
- Artwork must be in the original form for the medium being submitted. Giclée or other reproductions of original work will not be accepted, unless the original is a photograph/print. Example: giclée of watercolor will not be accepted.
- Art must be 11×14 or smaller
- Art must be in a plastic sleeve with a backing board. No stretched canvases will be accepted. Artwork does not have to be matted. Acrylic and oil painters are encouraged to paint on paper intended for their medium.
- Artists have the option to sell their work for $50 or $75.
- Artists agree that 100% of their portion of the sale will go to this fundraising project.
- This will be available for in person shopping only. The art will not be listed in our online store.
- Each artist can donate 1 piece of art.
Terms for accepted artwork
Entry of artwork and form constitutes an agreement between the artist and West Windsor Arts Council to the conditions set forth:
- Insurance coverage for accepted artwork begins upon completion of drop-off procedure on the designated date and time at West Windsor Arts and continues for the duration of the show.
- West Windsor Arts reserves the right to reject any work submitted at their discretion if they feel it is not appropriate for the show.
- Work not matching the digital images submitted will not be accepted.
- All artwork must remain in the show for the duration of the show.
- There will be set dates and times for drop off and pick up of accepted artwork. No shipping of art will be accepted.
- Sale of Art
- West Windsor Arts will be responsible for processing and collecting the sale proceeds of art.
- West Windsor Arts will retain 30% of the retail price as commission and the balance of 70% will go to the fundraising project. Artist Level Members of WWA receive a preferred split on gallery sales: 25% will go to WWA and 75% will go to the fundraising project.
- Art not sold will be returned to the artist.
- West Windsor Arts retains the right to use the artist’s name and digital images of accepted artwork for communications and promotions.
It may be helpful to have the following information ready before you begin the form:
—Artist info: name as it will appear on wall labels, contact information, website (if applicable),
For each artwork:
—Title, medium, dimensions, sale price ($50 or $75), insurance value
—Artist statement about this artwork. (This might include why you created this piece of art, your inspiration, materials used and/or your process, anything you would like to share about this work.)
—Upload image (An image of each piece of artwork will need to be uploaded. Make sure it is in focus and square to the frame. Please rename the image file you are uploading to the following format: last name_first name_title of art.jpg. Do not send us an image file name that is just a string of numbers. If you need help to rename your image files, please call us.)
HOW TO ENTER YOUR ARTWORK:
1) Fill out this form: Entry Form: RWJ Fundraiser for Cardiac Catheterization Lab
2) Wait for our accepted email
3) Drop of your work