West Windsor Arts Council will follow NJ State mandated guidelines to maintain appropriate social distancing protocols to prevent the transmission of Covid-19 virus and its variants. Attendees who are not vaccinated and/or uncomfortable wearing masks for long periods should contact the office to discuss hybrid options available for events and classes.
If necessary, the WWAC is prepared to pivot to online for all events including classes and workshops.
WWAC follows these guidelines to reduce, prevent and mitigate the transmission of Covid-19 and its variants:
- Ventilation: All facilities are equipped with HVAC and additional HEPA filtration systems to maintain high levels of air circulation. Additionally, when possible, doors and windows are kept open to increase air flow.
- Surfaces: All high touch surfaces are wiped down between events with OSHA certified antiviral disinfectants
- Sanitizing stations: Touchless hand sanitizing stations are available in key locations throughout the facilities.
Masks or face shields within WWAC facilities
- Required to be worn for all staff and teaching artists
- Required to be worn for visitors and attendees 2 years and older
- Required for all attendees before the start of each session. WWAC reserves the right to prevent attendees with colds, sniffles or temperatures higher than normal from entering a classroom. Attendees with symptoms of colds and fevers are requested to stay home to protect themselves and others.
Social distancing protocols
- Seating: Attendees will be seated 3-6’ apart at their own table and maintain this distance during the event. Barriers, including acrylic three-way sneeze guards, will be implemented where needed, for additional protection
- Attendees per class: will be limited to 10 in the gallery and 8 in the studio at West Windsor Arts and 8 per class in the Whole World Arts.
- Youth attendees will use sanitized, individual class art supply kits for the duration of a session. These kits are property of WWAC and will not be taken home.
- In-person questions and clarifications: WWAC requests limiting interactions with the staff and overcrowding in the lobby area, especially during class intake. Parents waiting during their child’s class will be asked to distance themselves from others and be masked when in the lobby. We encourage parents to sit in their cars or outside when possible, where we will have chairs and picnic tables around the building.
- Gallery visitors: requested to contact Kimberly Ducote Schimmel at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule visits by appointment
Hosting events at the arts center (birthday parties, corporate events, rentals)
- All attendees will sign the covid waiver form
- All attendees will wear masks and maintain social distancing
- If food is being provided, how the food is served and where the attendees will eat will be determined prior to the event and will be outlined in the contract
- Tablecloths will not be provided
- For children’s birthday parties, children will be seated at individual tables with acrylic shields. Individual supplies will be provided. Any games played will be done with keeping social distancing in mind.